Given the current Coronavirus situation with social distancing now the norm, it seems to be the perfect time to make sure everyone knows I offer online paint color consultations.
Normally, when someone calls for a color consultation, I go to their home with fan decks, several notebooks full of large color samples, deck stain charts, gutter samples, roof palettes, etc. But these are not normal times, are they?
So, now that we must keep our distance, online paint color consultations have quickly become the norm.
So how does it work?
First, we schedule a day and time for the appointment. Once that is done, there are several preliminary things that need to take place.
- Send me any photos you have collected online from Pinterest, Houzz, Instagram, etc. that will give me a good idea of what you have in mind. In the color, decorating and design business, a picture is still worth a thousand words.
- Next, send me several photos of the exterior of your home or photos of the spaces you are painting inside.
- Finally, you will need to have a Sherwin-Williams fan deck in hand for the consultation. This can be purchased from your local Sherwin-Williams store. (At last check the stores were closed to walk-in traffic, but you can call ahead for curb-side pickup.)
On the appointed day and time, I will call you to begin the consultation. Here is how it works:
- First, I want to hear from you. We will talk through your ideas and the look you are trying to achieve. If you don’t have any ideas, that’s okay. I will have enough for both of us : )
- Next, we will rifle through the fan deck while I look at the photos of your home. I might say, “Now take a look at strip #276, color xyz. Hold it against your stone, brick, carpet, etc. to let me know if it turns blue, green, or whatever.” It’s crucial that we are looking at the colors simultaneously so that I can help you. If it’s too light, dark, gray or yellow, I can tell you where to turn to pull what we are looking for. If you are painting outside, I will send you out there to look at the colors in the natural light. Most importantly, the paint color consultation is a process we work through together to achieve the best look for your home.
- Finally, once we have made our selections, I will write everything up for you on my color form and email it to you.
Would you like to hear the BEST news regarding an online paint color consultation? It costs less than if I were to come to you! While my normal fee for a face-to-face consultation is $295, an online consultation is only $195. This price covers you up to 90 minutes. If the consultation runs over, you will be charged an additional $50 for each additional 30 minutes. You will be billed online via PayPal.
I have been doing online paint color consultations for several years for “out of area” clients. It has worked well. Rest assured you do not have to postpone your painting project because you cannot get professional color help during our current “social distancing” situation. Life goes on and we must adjust accordingly to keep moving forward.
Please call when I can be of service (770-843-2307) or use the contact form on my website. I am here and ready to help you. We will get through this together.