Redesign is the method of re-purposing or transitioning key rooms in your home. There are various reasons for calling in a redesigner.
Consider the following situations:
- Setting up a household in a new home
- Transitioning a basement to a man cave
- Downsizing due to an empty nest
- Upsizing due to a growing family
- Melding two family units together
- Adding furniture or antiques which were recently inherited
- Removing childhood furniture to repurpose living space
- Downsizing for the elderly moving into assisted living quarters
- Maximizing floor space and establishing enhanced traffic patterns
“Thanks for holding my hand and helping me downsize from over 6,000 square feet to 2,000 square feet. In getting ourselves into a retirement condo all on one level, my husband and I had conflicting ideas about what we must keep and what had to go, and you have managed to find a way that both of us can be happy. You’ve also patiently helped me pick some new furniture and saved me from making mistakes using your ever present tape measure. With Magic Bill, who is so much more than a handyman, you have been able to incorporate some of our more eclectic items that I feared would not work in our new home. I’m glad we’re not finished because it’s always fun when you two are here.”
Watis Powell – Alpharetta, GA
Redesign is the method of repurposing key rooms in your home.
Those needing the help of a redesign expert are typically people experiencing life’s transitions. In addition, homeowners who have nice furniture and accessories but simply don’t know how to position or group them so that they work together to form a cohesive unit may need the services of a redesign professional.
“Patsy, thank you for transforming the living area of our house! The new placement for the dining room table and chairs in the (former) living room gave us the extra space for seating we’ve needed for years, and moving the piano to the (former) dining room is a perfect match for the space and is much more accessible to the musicians in our family; but our favorite part is the new arrangement of sofa and chairs. You took an empty, awkward space and created a colorful, comfortable and inviting living area for us. It is lovely and we are enjoying it very much. Thank you!”
Cindy Acuff – Roswell, GA
Here are the steps used in redesign:
- Assess each room’s purpose, problems and desired presentation
- Declutter the room and remove accessories
- Repurpose those items that need a new identity
- Reposition furniture and rugs to direct traffic patterns and give proper balance to the room
- Accessorize piece by piece, being careful not to “over dress”
- If necessary, bring in additional furnishings to complete the desired look
Any change in lifestyle resulting in a change of household is a good time to call Patsy Overton Interiors for redesign services.
- Redesign Consultation (2 hours) – $295.00
- Half-Day Redesign (up to 4 hours) with an assistant – $500.00
- Whole-Day Redesign (up to 8 hours) with an assistant – $900.00
- Value Added Service – a FREE color consultation for rooms undergoing redesign
Additional fees may be incurred for hiring extra workers to repaint, move furniture from floor to floor, hang artwork, etc. If this is the case, these expenses will be disclosed up front. Patsy Overton Interiors has a “no surprises” policy.
Please note: prices are subject to change without notice.
Contact Patsy today to schedule your Redesign Consultation: 770-843-2307