Have you been scouring the internet looking for a color certification course? Then I’m happy to tell you your search is officially over.
After years of experience working as a professional color consultant, decorator, home stager and redesigner and with well over 1,000 color consultations under her belt (430 in 2016 alone), Patsy is uniquely qualified to offer her very own training certification. In addition, as of 2016 she is an approved trainer through the Association of Design Education. If you have the desire to work as a professional or simply want to increase your knowledge for your own personal use, Patsy’s Certified Color Consultant course is for you!
- Are you a designer who needs more color confidence?
- Do you need help in detecting undertones?
- Are you tired of your corporate job and want to do something creative?
- Are you about to paint your brick and don’t want to make a costly mistake?
- Are you a Realtor or Home Stager who needs to specify paint colors for your clients who are selling?
- Are you remodeling your home but have no idea how to coordinate the finishes?
- Do you have color skills but lack the knowledge of how to parlay them into a business?
- Do you want to add new services to your existing business?
2017 Training Schedule:
- February 7-8: 2-Day Color Certification
- March 8-9: 2-Day Color Certification
- April 4-6: 3-Day Color Certification
- July 18-19: 2-Day Color Certification
- August 22-23: 2-Day Color Certification
- October 17-18: 2-Day Color Certification*
Classes are taught in Atlanta, GA near I-400 and Holcomb Bridge Rd.
2-Day Color class agenda:
- The Psychology of Color
- The Science of Color – Isaac Newton and the Color Wheel
- Decoding the fan decks (Sherwin-Williams and Benjamin Moore)
- Understanding Undertones
- Which White?
- Exercises in color matching fabrics and flooring
- Exercises in selecting remodeling finishes
- Exercises in Interior and Exterior color selections
- A step-by-step guide to performing a color consultation
- One Interior and one Exterior hands-on color consultation
- A trip to the local Sherwin-Williams and Ben Moore paint stores (if time allows)
- Business & Marketing
“This course is so valuable! I cannot imagine not having taken this course prior to giving color consultations. I think color training should be required for anyone recommending colors in any capacity.” Kim Galloway, Color Trainee
It’s a full and exhausting two days. You will definitely get your money’s worth!
“Your explanation of the new Sherwin-Williams fan deck is brilliant!” Kristi Steed, Color Consultant
What you will receive:
- A manual including all teaching materials
- Color wheel
- Sherwin-Williams fan deck & stain charts (upon arrival) & architectural kit (shipped after class)
- Benjamin Moore fan decks (upon arrival) and architectural kit (shipped after class)
- Sherwin-Williams large color sample starter kit (while supplies last)
- Files & forms
- Business start-up guide
- A certification button to be used on your website and marketing materials
The 2-Day Color Certification Course is offered at $1,295 ($650 deposit)
*Register by September 30th to receive a 10% discount.
*Register by September 30th with a friend to receive a 20% discount EACH.
Balance is due one week before class begins.
Do you have more questions? Then please give Patsy a call at 770-843-2307. She can also be reached by the contact form on this site.